Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wordful Wednesday- Vacation ~ Sanibel Island, Florida


Angie, over at 7 Clown Circus started this. It is for those of us that can't post a picture for "wordless Wednesday" and not talk about the photo!
This photo was taken in Florida... on an island... This is Sanibel Island, Florida. I am blessed in many ways and for me Sanibel is a BLESSING!! This is the place to go to relax, swim, enjoy the ocean, see wildlife, watch beautiful sunsets, shell, etc. This is also the place that Jeff and I got married. On the beach in barefeet.
I got a surprise phone call from my dad who invited the kids and I down to Sanibel with him. We are so looking forward to going. Right now outside it is SNOWING. The temperature is maybe 8 degrees. We can't wait to see the sun and enjoy the warmth. We are also going to SURPRISE the kids and go to Disney World!! I am so excited. Please don't tell my kids... I also found online that at Disney they have a little boutique for girls. They make the girls into a princess of their choice. Gabrielle is now at an age that she loves to dress up and I am so excited to see her face when I tell her that she gets to have her hair done, nails done, be pampered, and DRESS LIKE a Princess... What fun!

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Did you say 8 degrees? Oh my! I've only been to the snow a couple of times in my life. When it gets to about 60 degrees I think I'm going to freeze to death! Enjoy Sanibel when you get there!

Claremont First Ward said...

Sounds like a wonderful place to vacation. I'll have to look into it......it'll be nice to get away from those frigid temperatures for awhile!

Brenda said...

I think I may have been there. . . not sure. How nice for you daughter to get to be a princess, wonderful memories!

Anonymous said...

You're at one of my favorite places in the world. I love it there and have been going since I was a little girl.

Jocasta said...

Looks beautiful! I have a wee one here that would just love to be made over to be a princess!

8 degrees! It's not that here! Hahahahahaha!

Laura said...

Sounds amazing! Have a great vacation. I also had to add a pat on the back for all your hard work on ebaying. I know how much time and effort it takes to do all that (I never even do much). It's a full time job.

Jaime said...

That sounds like an amazing family vacation. I might even be slightly jealous!! Have a great time!

Tootie said...

Wow, what a Dad! I know you will have a wonderful time here at Sanibel. I hadn't heard about the Princess makeover thing. That sounds like soooo much fun. Have a great time and go easy on Grandpa. :-)http://sanibeltoots.blogspot.com

Classy Fab Sarah said...

8 degrees - sounds like a heat wave where you are!! It's -11 and that's not even counting wind chill (which would take us down to -34).

Anyway, I'm completely jealous about the princess boutique, I think I'd still like to go there.

Can't wait to see some pictures...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed