Sunday, October 19, 2008

Saturday 10-18 part II! Fall fun

After going to Joey’s new school we went home for some lunch and meet up with our neighbors (Keith, Jen, and Jocelyn). We went together to a farm. Every year I have the same thoughts when it turns fall. That is that I wish there was a place that we could take the kids that would have numerous activities for children and families to enjoy the leaves, pick pumpkins, go for a hay ride etc. One night I spent a lot of time on the computer trying to find a place that would be different and fun. Up until now our yearly outing would be to go to a place that is decorated a bit and pick out a pumpkin. As far as fun things to do that are fall/ Halloween and family oriented we have never found the perfect place. Anyways I was talking to my neighbor and she told me about a place that she has been to and a place that she really enjoyed. I was really excited. The place that we went to was about 40-45 minutes from our home. Our neighbors have a little girl that as it turns out is 3 days older than Gabrielle. They have become best buddies. It was a wonderful time!! This place was amazing! The leaves and colors on the trees were gorgeous, not only was there face painting, pony rides, tee-pees, slides, horse drawn carriage rides, tractor rides, apple picking, pumpkin picking, trails in the woods, a huge place for kids to run around that was filled with hay that you could pick up and have little “snow ball fights” with, walking on stilts, slides, play areas, and a corn maze X2!!! I am probably missing some things too. It was well worth the drive and a blast. I urge you to look up farms in your area to see if they do fun things. We will definitely be going back yearly. Before I show all the pictures I have to tell you all this too….

Some of you may be surprised to know that this city girl has never been this close to corn or in a corn maze. Look at my face when viewing the corn!! Jeff thought it was hilarious. It was also a chilly day! We came home and I did it... I turned the heat on! That time of year again!! :(

6 comments:

Brittany said...

That looks like so much fun! Your kids are beautiful!

Classy Fab Sarah said...

Such cute pictures!! It looks like so much fun. I can't believe you've never been up close and personal with corn - my house's back yard faces a corn field!

Shannon said...

Great photos! I especially love your face looking at the corn. Being a midwesterner since birth, corn is a very familiar thing:) Fall is the best!

Claremont First Ward said...

Looks like so much fun. I've never been through a corn maze, although my girls have. Sounds like I'm missing out!

Jen Yonally said...

We had so much fun with your family! Keith wants us to make it an annual outing...and I agree. On the way home, Jocie asked if we can go to the "farm" again with Gabby and ride Crackerjack (she can't stop talking about that pony). She loves you guys so much!

Jaime said...

Looks like you all had a blast! Gorgeous pics!:)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed